C’mon, we’ve all been there. Having the most stressful day at work, coming home and trying really hard to unwind, but it’s not happening. Your brain is overthinking every possible situation it can. Recently things have gotten so awkward and stressful for me at work, I sometimes don’t even want to turn up, and that’s rare for me, as I love my job. Anyway, here’s some things that I do to unwind after a stressful and hectic day.
1. Go on a walk- I find that taking my dogs on a walk and generally being outside lightens my day by about 70%. I love having about 40 mins-50mins outdoors after work.
2. Put your feet up- this is as easy as it sounds… literally put your feet up… be that on a sofa or on the bed, this helps me to instantly relax.
3. Read some blogs or books- I also love to read and catch up on other blogs in an evening, this takes my mind off work. I love finding out about days other people have had and tips and tricks people recommend.
4. Colour- this may seem childish but I have numerous colouring books. however, when I’ve had a rubbish day, colouring takes my mind off things and stops me from overthinking or worrying.
5. Have a bath- I love baths, especially with a scented candle, a good book, and some Gin. I instantly feel calm, clean and refreshed.. I also love the feeling of new PJ’s once your out.
6. Watch vlogs or TV series- Another way I unwind is watching vlogs, I mostly watch travel videos like Lost LeBlanc or Sawyer Hartman (and secretly envy them). I also like to watch a good TV series, I’m really enjoying Poldark at the moment (on catchup) and also love the Handmaid’s Tale.
If anyone else is loving vloggers, TV series or book feel free to comment below… Hope everyone s having a lovely day!